Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Here there be velociraptors

There is a large industrial area next to the city where I work, and I pass through this area on my commute home.  There is an area of the industrial park that has been effectively abandoned due to either damage from a F4 (possibly F5) tornado that tore through there just over 20 years ago, or simple economic downturn.

It is a sad area, all overgrown with weeds and trees, and buildings still standing as if they are simply waiting for someone to return while slowly decaying away.  Within this abandoned area of the industrial park, right next to the main road, there is a building.  The building is kind of a stark contrast to the area around it, because while the industrial land surrounding is of the aforementioned overgrown variety, the building itself is still in quite good shape.  I believe someone takes care of it, but it is still very clearly abandoned with it's vacant, slowly crumbling parking lot and overgrown landscaping.

I have a unconfirmed suspicion about this building.  While the building is 'reported' to be owned by Imperial Oil, and the site abandoned due to reasons stated above, it is, I believe, the lab building from the second Jurassic Park movie, based on the Crichton novel The Lost World.  You know, the one from InGen's Site B on Isla Sorna where all the actual work of cloning the dinosaurs went on?  There is definitely a coverup going on.

I am convinced that if I enter said building, I will discover dusty DNA extraction and analysis machines, a defunct dinosaur egg hatchery (complete with dusty, broken, oversized egg shells), various sized cages to hold juvenile dinosaurs, and hungry velociraptors which will try to eat me.  They recently boarded up all the windows, and I am positive the reason is to keep the velociraptors from getting any ideas about leaving and terrorizing the city at large.  You can only hungrily watch the rush hour traffic going by on the road outside for so long before you decide to be proactive about your situation.

The main lesson here is, however, that boards on the windows or not it's only a matter of time before man's abominations run amok, as Hollywood has shown us time and again.

Repent while you still can.  Oh, and save up gas money.  Because the large oil refineries all reside in this industrial area right next to the cleverly disguised Site B lab building.  And once those velociraptors escape and eat all the refinery workers, the cost of gasoline for your fine automobile is going to skyrocket.  And really, isn't that the biggest issue here?


It's always too dark to take a picture when I drive past (and I don't really want to stop anyways, I mean what if the 'raptors escape??) so I drew you this picture instead.  I hope you like it.  You can't see the DNA equipment and egg hatching stuff and cages because it's all in the back of the building I think.  I really don't know because I've never been in there.  I mean, who would want to go into a building with velociraptors waiting to eat your face off in it??


No comments:

Post a Comment